Coachella First Weekend With Sets Of James Blake, Flying Lotus, Odd Future, Plus Seth Troxler On Lighting Dog Poop In Front Of Avicii’s Door. And Did You Loose Your Wallet, Keys Or Phone?
Well, weekend one of Coachella 2013 is complete, and we’ve got a fair bit to report today, including live sets, Daft Punk updates, Seth Troxler pranks, and a look at what you may have left behind. So step on through the metal detector, open up your coolers and purses, and come on in.
– First up, the big news of course was Daft Punk’s huge reveal—the first actually listenable chunk of “Get Lucky,” the first single off of their new album, Random Access Memories, featuring Pharrell Williams, which was announced via video before Yeah Yeah Yeahs took the stage on Friday. (Full Story)
– Those of you in love with British broken-house-maker-cum-crooner James Blake might appreciate checking out his live performance of new single “Overgrown” as well as the Scott Walker-esque “Digital Lion.”
– Flying Lotus probably isn’t too used to playing back-up, but he took the opportunity to do just that for a set with Odd Future’s Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator.
– Detroit whiz Seth Troxler has almost always got something funny to say, and, in full cowboy regalia, he told Rolling Stone about what sort of prank he’d play on Avicii had he been at Coachella: “I would definitely light dog shit in front of his door.” (Full Story)
– By the way, did you forget your wallet, keys, camera, or phone behind? DIS takes a look at Coachella’s lost-and-found pile. (Full Story)
– And lastly, few artists have climbed the charts of pop-electronic-crossover acceptance quite like Disclosure. Here’s a (rather shakily shot) clip of their performance with Jessie Ware.